Shire Council Chambers & Armed Forces Display

Entrance

The old Laidley Council Chamber is now the entry to the Laidley Museum. It was originally the administration office for local Government at the turn of the 20th century.
In 1888, part of the Laidley area was separated from the Tarampa Board and a new division was proclaimed.
 In 1902, the divisional system was abolished and cities, towns and shires were established.

image